11.02.2014

Back At It & Hello November!

My little man and emoji pumpkin!

Hello! I've taken a break from the blog and feel like I owe you an apology and explanation on my hiatus. As I've said in a previous post, I was unemployed when I started this blog and really created it out of boredom from my situation. A girl can only handle so much day time television and Netflix reruns!

I'm so happy to say that I've found a job that I really love and I'm able to be creative everyday. I work in the Digital Marketing and Social Media department of a new online boutique, Always Me Clothing. This is my first job where I'm actually enjoying what I do and not getting berated by customers and or managers for silly things. As a former food&bev and customer service employee, I'm feeling inspired every day in my new career. I've put my job and the content I'm creating for my company as a priority to my own blog, but I'm really having a blast doing it. I'm able to collaborate with my coworkers on new content and bounce ideas with people who are working for the same goal, something that was missing from working alone on my blog. So that's what's been taking up my time for the past month and a half, I've just been creatively drained from work to really put much effort into my blog, and I'm sorry for neglecting it. But this blog helped me get the job that I love so much. I was able to show my writing and creativity in a way that was accessible and relevant to what I'm getting paid to do now. So without my blog, I really don't know what type of work I'd be doing now.

Now that I feel like I somewhat have a handle on my new job, I want to get back in to blogging. But first, I want to share a few things that I've been doing for my new company!

Here's a DIY post I worked on: Mason Jar Terrariums!

Another DIY post: Emoji Pumpkins!

I also got my styling hands dirty for the first time at a few photo shoots!

I hope you enjoyed this little life update and let me know what you think of the links that I posted from my work life. Hopefully this inspires someone who's feeling a little down in their own work life and shows that even a former Pinkberry employee can find her dream job! Be sure to check back again soon, we'll be back for regularly scheduled programming! Thank you so much for visiting and supporting my slice of the interwebs. I really do appreciate it!