7.27.2014

The Sunday Local: Studio City Farmer's Market













--

After staying in and vegging out on movies last night, Gabe and I decided to wake up early today to check out the Studio City Farmer's market for fresh and local goodies. It's stone fruit season so many farmers had heaping baskets of peaches, nectarines, and our new favorite, pluots, a cross between a plum and an apricot. Now we just have to figure out what to do with our huge stash.....mmm pluot cobbler!
Gabe's a huge fan of kombucha, if you haven't heard of it, think of it as a healthy soda. Kombucha is a fermented and naturally carbonated tea that's filled with live enzymes and probiotics that are ideal for a healthy gut and digestion. We scored a case of locally made, small batch kombucha from Probiotic Boost (thanks Cherry for helping us out!) for a fraction of the price from Whole Foods. I love shopping locally and supporting our community and small businesses, you always get amazing quality and service.
Since LA is in my backyard, I just wanted to highlight some of my favorite places to go for food, shopping, and fun. I hope you'll enjoy seeing my little weekly adventures. ✌︎